Frequently asked questions

🎫 Is it possible to obtain a K-ETA on arrival in South Korea?

For certain nationalities (see home page) and age categories (17 and under and 65 and over) It can be obtained on arrival. However, we recommend that you apply for the K-ETA before your departure to avoid a possible wait on arrival to pass through the immigration office.

⏱ When should I apply for K-ETA?

We recommend that you apply for K-ETA at least 3 days before your departure for South Korea. It is possible to obtain a K-ETA within 72 hours for the most urgent applications.

⏳ How long is the K-ETA valid for?

Once issued, a K-ETA is valid for 3 years for multiple entries from the date of approval shown on the document. 

If your passport expires before these 3 years, you must reapply for a K-ETAThe authorisation is linked to a passport number.

If your passport expires before 3 years, the K-ETA will only be valid until the expiry date of your passport.

Please note that if your K-ETA is still valid but any of the information on your passport changes (surname, first name, gender, passport number, expiry date, etc.), you will still need to apply for a new K-ETA.

🤔 How long can I stay in South Korea with a K-ETA?

The K-ETA allows you to stay for up to 90 days (depending on your nationality) in South Korea for tourism, visiting parents/relatives, participate in events or to meetings and for non-profit-making commercial purposes. 

These reasons for stay may not exceed this duration. To obtain specific authorisations, you can contact the embassy for a standard visa.

🧐 What is the difference between a K-ETA and a visa?

Be careful not to confuse them! A visa allows you to to enter in a country. A K-ETA (Korea Electronic Travel Authorization) allows you to travel to the country in question. K-ETA applicants are eligible for Visa waiver programme to enter South Korea.

🚸 Does the K-ETA for South Korea also apply to minors and senior citizens?

Travellers from 17 and underand those aged 65 and overIn the case of the UK, they are no longer required to apply for a K-ETA, but this document can save them a sometimes lengthy wait on arrival.

🌋 Do I need to apply for a K-ETA to visit Jeju island?

From 1 September 2022To enter Jeju island, you will need to show a K-ETA.

✈️ I'm just passing through South Korea. Do I need to apply for a K-ETA?

Travellers in transit, who do not leave the international zone, do not need to apply for a K-ETA, no matter how long they are in transit. If you wish to leave the airport, you will need to apply for a K-ETA.

🏥 Which vaccinations are compulsory for travel to South Korea?

There are no compulsory vaccinations for travelling to South Korea. Some are just recommended, depending on the region you are visiting, given the variety of climates and ecosystems:

  • Japanese encephalitis
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rage
  • Typhoid

🚨 What should you do if you've made a mistake in your application?

If you discover an error before sending your administrative documents, please indicate the correction to be made by sending these documents.

Beyond that moment, corrections can no longer be applied. We invite you to contact us for more information.

Once the K-ETA has been issued, its data cannot be modified.. You will need to submit a new application if your information differs significantly.

🙅🏼 Would you like to cancel your request?

Unfortunately, once paid, a K-ETA application is not refundable outside our refund policy. Please contact us for further information..

ℹ️ Is my personal information secure?

The data you enter on this site is protected and will only be used to obtain the requested K-ETA.. Our payment process is secure, and no banking information about you is stored on our servers.

Privacy policy